Heart of the Valley is a station-wide initiative to use the power of KRGV to make a positive change in the Rio Grande Valley. We'll not only shine a light on critical issues but also solutions.
Four times a year, the Heart of the Valley program will go in-depth to illuminate one critical issue, need, or cause, to help make positive changes. From investigative news reports, to working hand-in-hand with local charities, to public service announcements that deliver important messages, we are coming together to unite the Valley towards real progress in the lives of the people who live here.
The Invisible: Autism & Special Needs
Heart of the Valley: Autism & Special Needs will start Monday, June 26. Check back for more updates.
- Autism Science Foundation: Quick Facts About Autism
- Autism Speaks: Autism Apps
- Modified Checklist for Autism in Toddlers
- Special Needs Alliance
- The Arc
- Special Needs Answer
- Coalition of Texans with Disabilities
- Disability Resources (U.S. Department of Labor)
- Edinburg-based Team Mario: Autism Awareness
- National Autism Association
- National Autism Association: Autism & Safety Facts