Posted: Oct 29, 2012 12:11 PM
Updated: Oct 29, 2012 12:29 PM
EDINBURG - Two teenagers allegedly involved in a drive-by shooting will not be released to their parents.
A judge on Monday ordered the two 15-year-old girls to remain in juvenile detention. They are charged with murder. Police said they are part of a group that carried out a drive-by shooting earlier this month.
The shooting happened in the 200 block of 29th Street in Edinburg. Police said someone in a van opened fire on a crowd. A stray bullet killed 17-year-old Miguel Vasquez.
The victim had gone to the place to pick up a friend, police said.
On Monday, an attorney argued that the girls didn't know there were guns in the van when the shooting happened.