Home » News » View News
Latest News

Fire Damages Home in Los Fresnos

Font size

Posted: Jan 9, 2013 4:20 PM

Updated: Jan 9, 2013 4:55 PM

LOS FRESNOS - A gas leak caused a fire at a home Tuesday night near Los Fresnos High School, fire officials said.

Firefighters arrived to find the kitchen engulfed in flames, officials said. Firefighters doused the blaze before it spread to the rest of the house.

"Fortunately, nobody was hurt in the home. It's a well-built house. There was no structural damage that we could see, only the stove and kitchen area that had some damage," Cameron County Emergency Coordinator Humberto Barrera said.

Topics: humberto barrera, fire, los fresnos, cameron county

KRGV is Social