Home » News » View News
State

Here is the latest Texas news from The Associated Press

Font size

Posted: Apr 2, 2014 2:30 AM

Updated: Apr 2, 2014 2:31 AM

UNDATED (AP) A stormy day is predicted for the eastern half of Texas. The National Weather Service forecasts for Texas calls for a 20 percent chance of thunderstorms today and tonight for the eastern half of Texas. Thursday brings a 30 to 40 percent chance of thunderstorms in North and Central Texas and 60 percent chance for storms in East Texas.

HOUSTON (AP) Texas is set to execute its first inmate with a new batch of drugs this week. But the state prison system is determined to keep its supplier secret. The Texas Department of Criminal Justice obtained a new supply of pentobarbital two weeks ago. The state has cited threats to pharmacies that sell drugs used in lethal injections as reasons to keep the supplier secret.

AUSTIN, Texas (AP) A new report says 10 federal judgeships have sat vacant in Texas for an average of nearly two years. Austin-based Progress Texas and the Center for American Progress in Washington say that has created a 12,000-case backlog. The groups blame Republican U.S. Senators John Cornyn and Ted Cruz.

HOUSTON (AP) A jury will hear a third day of testimony today in the trial of a Houston woman accused of stabbing her boyfriend to death with her stiletto heel. Ana Trujillo (troo-HEE'-yoh) is charged with murder in the death of Alf Stefan Andersson. Investigators say Trujillo struck him at least 25 times in the face with her shoe during an argument at his Houston condominium.

Topics: 1st NewsMinute

KRGV is Social