Posted: Dec 4, 2012 3:29 PM
Updated: Dec 4, 2012 3:46 PM
LOS INDIOS - State and federal authorities have launched an investigation into an incident at the Panasonic plant in Los Indios.
Eight people were hospitalized after inhaling fumes from an overheated forklift tire, officials said.
"A tire from a fork lift started overheating ... the bearings and the grease created fumes and that is what people (said) made them sick," Cameron County Emergency Management Coordinator Humberto Barrera said.
Officials will determine if plant officials took the proper steps during the incident.