Home » News » View News

Temple house fire kills 1, space heater in home

Font size

Posted: Jan 18, 2013 5:27 AM

Updated: Jan 18, 2013 5:27 AM

TEMPLE, Texas (AP) A Central Texas house fire has claimed one life and investigators are trying to determine whether a space heater sparked the blaze.

Temple Fire & Rescue officials say the apparent accidental fire broke out early Friday in a small wood-frame home.

A body discovered in a bedroom has been sent to Dallas for an autopsy. Further details on the victim weren't immediately released.

Investigators say a space heater was found in the bedroom and close to some combustible bedding.

The National Weather Service says temperatures were in the upper 30s in Temple at the time of the fire early Friday.

Topics: Temple-Fatal Fire

KRGV is Social