Executive Producer, EnglishPosted: Oct 24, 2018 05:58 PM
KRGV Channel 5 News is looking for an Executive Producer, English, to help drive an innovative vision for the Rio Grande Valley’s news leader. This dayside position will report to the news director and work to align the day-to-day coverage of our English-language newscasts with our overall brand vision.
Working for a small, family-owned broadcaster will give you the opportunity not just to lead coverage today, but to truly innovate as we look to remain relevant to our audience into the future.
We are not looking for traditional thinkers. The ideal candidate will certainly have experience covering breaking news, in-depth and investigative content, and strong weather coverage. But we also want an independent thinker who wants to define new ways of delivering content to our audience.
- Plan and guide the coverage strategy throughout the day, working in collaboration with the News Director, Executive Producer, Spanish and Executive Producer, Digital.
- Set coverage expectations and hold staff accountable
- Manage newsroom and field teams
- Understand and execute strategic plans
- Copy edit with a journalistic and legal perspective
- Develop producers who may be new to the business
- Work with reporters from story concept to finished product
- Participate in and lead editorial meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the News Director
- Four-year college degree in journalism or communications-related discipline.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience producing newscasts or working in broadcast newsrooms. News management experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of broadcast and digital news operations.
- A believer in brand-driven news content and the ability to apply that thinking to day-to-day coverage.
- Great writing skills.
- Strong personal communicator, capable of managing and aligning conflicting views.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance, we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a cover letter and resume to Tammy Meier, Personnel Manager, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail to email@example.com.