At least 18 sickened from carbon monoxide at Houston complex
HOUSTON (AP) - Authorities say at least 18 people were treated after a carbon monoxide leak at a Houston area apartment complex.
KTRK-TV reports that the Champions Fire Department says the Saturday morning leak might have been caused by a vehicle left running overnight in the garage of one of the apartment units in northwest Harris County.
Authorities say seven children are among the 18 individuals who were hospitalized. One person was taken to a hospital by helicopter. All who were hospitalized are in stable condition and expected to survive.
Residents of the apartment complex were not being allowed to return to their homes until air quality readings came back as normal.
Information from: KTRK-TV, http://abclocal.go.com
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Coronavirus symptoms difficult to detect in children
Edinburg order requires essential businesses to submit sanitation/safety plan
McAllen, nonprofit team up to feed senior citizens during pandemic
As confirmed virus cases rise, Cameron County leaders remind public order is...
Harlingen police arrest man accused of saying he would 'infect everyone'