Businesses Step Up to Offer Free, Discounted or Payment Plan Services to Valley Federal Employees
WESLACO – With the partial government shutdown affecting many federal employees and their families, several Rio Grande Valley businesses are offering free or discounted services.
People can receive free or discounted services at locations after presenting proof of federal employment.
The following businesses are helping federal workers:
- Bar-B-Cutie Smokehouse (Weslaco)
- City Café (McAllen)
- Fazoli’s (Pharr)
- Golden Corral (Brownsville)
- Kumori Sushi and Teppanyaki (All locations)
- Nuri (McAllen)
- On the Grill Restaurant (Pharr)
- Roosevelt’s at 7 (McAllen)
- Smok'n Good (Peñitas)
- Stefano’s Pizza (Pharr and Harlingen)
- Taqueria No Me Olivides (McAllen)
- The Dry Room (McAllen)
- Infinity Hair Salon & Spa (Weslaco)
- Mr. Infinity Barber Shop (Weslaco)
Utilities - Payment Plans
- AGUA Special Utility District (Call 956-585-2459)
- Weslaco Utility Billing Department
Banks are also offering low-rate loans. You can find that list here.
CHANNEL 5 NEWS recommends contacting the business for further details or visiting their social media accounts.
We will be updating this list as businesses notify us.
Valley Made, Local Strong: Personal Training Plus
One Valley family faced with unknown funeral service changes
The Medicare open enrollment period ends Dec. 7
Starr County officials urge people to continue doing their part to stop...
The Texas Association of Sports to start investigation on Edinburg football incident