Businesses Step Up to Offer Free, Discounted or Payment Plan Services to Valley Federal Employees
WESLACO – With the partial government shutdown affecting many federal employees and their families, several Rio Grande Valley businesses are offering free or discounted services.
People can receive free or discounted services at locations after presenting proof of federal employment.
The following businesses are helping federal workers:
- Bar-B-Cutie Smokehouse (Weslaco)
- City Café (McAllen)
- Fazoli’s (Pharr)
- Golden Corral (Brownsville)
- Kumori Sushi and Teppanyaki (All locations)
- Nuri (McAllen)
- On the Grill Restaurant (Pharr)
- Roosevelt’s at 7 (McAllen)
- Smok'n Good (Peñitas)
- Stefano’s Pizza (Pharr and Harlingen)
- Taqueria No Me Olivides (McAllen)
- The Dry Room (McAllen)
- Infinity Hair Salon & Spa (Weslaco)
- Mr. Infinity Barber Shop (Weslaco)
Utilities - Payment Plans
- AGUA Special Utility District (Call 956-585-2459)
- Weslaco Utility Billing Department
Banks are also offering low-rate loans. You can find that list here.
CHANNEL 5 NEWS recommends contacting the business for further details or visiting their social media accounts.
We will be updating this list as businesses notify us.
Nearly 2,000 COVID-19 shots given to high school students
Young adults express hesitancy in receiving COVID-19 vaccine
Vaccine Milestone: Edinburg CISD administers 20,000th COVID-19 shot Friday
Parents fight for custody of Nicaraguan boy found in Starr County
Mission family loses land over border wall ruling