Deadlines Approaching to Ship Christmas Packages
WESLACO – There’s still time to ship Christmas gifts to loved ones, but you need to act fast.
A postmaster in McAllen recommends shipping gifts using priority mail.
Workers at the post office can help figure which shipping service is best for you. People also have access to a self-serving kiosk available 24/7.
The following is a list of deadlines shipping companies have for the holiday season.
- • Dec. 13 - FedEx Home Delivery and FedEx Ground to Alaska and Hawaii.
- • Dec. 16 - FedEx Home Delivery in the contiguous U.S. and last day to ship via FedEx Ground
- • Dec. 20 - FedEx 2Day® A.M. and FedEx 2Day.
- • Dec. 23 - FedEx First Overnight, FedEx Priority Overnight, FedEx Standard Overnight and FedEx 1Day Freight.
- • Dec. 25 - FedEx SameDay City Direct, FedEx SameDay City Priority and FedEx SameDay.
- • Dec. 13 - Some UPS Ground packages scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, Dec. 24.
- • Dec. 19 - UPS 3 Day Select packages scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, Dec. 24.
- • Dec. 20 - UPS 2nd Day Air packages scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, Dec. 24.
- • Dec. 23 - UPS Next Day Air packages scheduled for delivery on Tuesday, December 24 with a UPS On-Call, or scheduled, Pickup, or by visiting a The UPS Store location or a UPS Authorized Service Location.
U.S. Postal Service
- • Dec. 14 - USPS Retail Ground (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
- • Dec. 18 - First-Class Mail Service to Alaska.
- • Dec. 19 - Priority Mail Service to Alaska and Hawaii and last day for First-Class Mail Service to Hawaii.
- • Dec. 20 - First-Class Mail Service (excluding Alaska and Hawaii).
- • Dec. 21 - Priority Mail Service for U.S (excluding Alaska and Hawaii) and Priority Mail Express Service to Alaska and Hawaii.
- • Dec. 23 - Last day for Priority Mail Express Service (excluding Alaska and Hawaii)
Giving Tuesday: Edinburg Boys and Girls club receives donation to close digital...
Korean war veteran receives housing assistance
Gov. Abbott meets with supporters in Edinburg
FDA health panel backs Merck COVID-19 antiviral pill
Edinburg CISD students receiving Covid vaccines at district vaccine clinics