Executive Producer, Digital
KRGV Channel 5 News is looking for an Executive Producer, Digital to help drive an innovative vision for the Rio Grande Valley’s news leader. This dayside position will report to the news director and work to define and execute a digital strategy across web, mobile, social and streaming. The ideal candidate will be able to step in and create content as needed but be more focused on leading a team of content creators.
Working for a small, family-owned broadcaster will give you the opportunity not just to lead coverage today, but to truly innovate as we look to remain relevant to our audience into the future. We are looking for someone who is excited to bring new ideas!
We are not looking for traditional thinkers. The ideal candidate will certainly have experience covering breaking news, in-depth and investigative content, and strong weather coverage. But we also want an independent thinker who wants to define new ways of delivering content to our audience.
- Lead team of digital content creators, assigning stories and copyediting work.
- Develop and implement an innovative digital strategy.
- Oversee social platforms and lead multiplatform coverage.
- Coordinate with news leadership team to execute a content and audience-first strategy that lets us be the first choice for news in the Rio Grande Valley across all platforms.
- Work with sales and marketing to create native, sponsored and promotional content.
- Use digital metrics and social listening to identify trends and ideals in the market that can guide our coverage focus.
- Write, produce and post content as needed.
- Other duties as assigned by the News Director
- Four-year college degree
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience creating digital content
- Strong understanding of broadcast and digital news operations
- Experience with social media platforms – writing, posting, metrics
- A believer in brand-driven news content and the ability to apply that thinking to day-to-day coverage
- Great writing skills
- Strong personal communicator, capable of managing and aligning conflicting views
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance, we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a cover letter and resume to Tammy Meier, Personnel Manager, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail to email@example.com.
DHS Secretary Mayorkas addresses end of Title 42 in Valley visit
Santa Rosa ISD considering four-day school week
Edinburg partners with new program that helps soldiers gain employment
Early voting for May 24 primary runoff elections underway
Made in the 956: Roma High School mariachi student earns full ride...