Frozen Tuna Recalled After Testing Showed Hepatitis A Virus
By The Associated Press
OKLAHOMA CITY (AP) - Some imported frozen tuna cubes and steaks are being recalled after testing showed they could be contaminated with the hepatitis A virus.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration says Hawaii-based Hilo Fish Company told the agency in May it had recalled yellowfin tuna that tested positive for the virus. Hilo says the fish was sourced from Sustainable Seafood Company in Vietnam and Santa Cruz Seafood Inc. in the Philippines.
Some products were distributed to retail locations and restaurants in California, Texas and Oklahoma.
The FDA said Thursday no reports of illness have been linked to the tuna.
Hilo Fish Company's recalled products include 8-ounce steaks with label code 627152, and tuna cubes in 15-pound cases with label code 705342.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention says hepatitis A is a liver disease that can be transmitted through food or skin-to-skin contact.
List of Establishments That May Be Affected:
- Central Market Kitchen NHEB Vendor #15385, Austin, TX
- Conservatory Plano6401 Ohio Dr. Plano, TX
- Hilton Garden Inn23535 Northgate Crossing, Spring, TX
- Jack Ryan's102 N. College Ave. Tyler, TX
- Jack Ryan's119 N. Longview St. Kilgore, TX
- Johnny Tamale4647 E. Sam Houston, Pasadena, TX
- Marriott Conf. Center2801 St. Hwy 9, Norman OK
- Myron's Prime Steakhouse10003 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio, TX
- Prestonwood CC15909 Preston Rd., Dallas, TX
- Sea Ranch Restaurant1 Padre Blvd., S Padre Island, TX
- Sysco East Texas4577 Estes Pkwy, Longview, TX
- Sysco Foods Central Texas1260 Schwab R. New Braunfels, TX
- Sysco Food Houston10710 Greens Crossing Blvd, Houston, TX
- The Schooner1507 S, Hwy 69, Nederland, TX
Copyright 2017 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
McAllen man charged with aggravated kidnapping after ex-wife's death
Weslaco corner stores transition to drive-thru service amid coronavirus pandemic
Edinburg hands out $100 'SPARC' gift cards to people who complete U.S....
Eat Your Way to Healthy Hair
Sheriff: missing McAllen woman found dead