Gov. Greg Abbott to visit Rio Grande Valley
Gov. Greg Abbott will visit the Rio Grande Valley on Tuesday to tour the border.
The governor plans to meet with U.S. Border Patrol, the Texas Department of Public Safety and the Texas National Guard to discuss border security.
A press conference will be held at Anzaldua Park in Mission at 12:00 p.m. CT.
The press conference will be livestreamed in this article, as well as our KRGV Facebook page.
The visit comes after Abbott announced Operation Lone Star over the weekend, a program that will deploy DPS troopers to combat smuggling and enhance security along the border, according to a news release from Abbott's office.
- • Gov. Greg Abbott rejects aid from Biden administration in dispute over coronavirus testing for migrants
- • Abbott launches ‘Operation Lone Star’ to combat smuggling at southern border
- • Gov. Greg Abbott backs bill to stop social media companies from banning Texans for political views
- • Abbott requests major disaster declaration for Starr County again
- • Texas becomes biggest US state to lift COVID-19 mask mandate