Teens Dies after Stepping on Downed Power Line, Family Mourns
LAREDO – A mother in Laredo is planning the funeral for her teenage son who died Sunday after coming into contact with a live electrical wire.
The family said the teenager unknowingly stepped into the puddle with a live electric wire in it.
Brenda Lopez Zamora said her family is dealing with intense pain. She wants other parents to hold their children a little closer tonight.
Zamora said Aldo was walking home after getting a haircut. He was getting ready for his upcoming middle school graduation party when the unthinkable happened.
“I wouldn’t have happened if I would’ve taken him. This wouldn’t have happened,” she said.
Zamora said her son had big dreams.
“To be an officer, a cop, a soldier… He would always say that. ‘I want to be like my dad,’” she said.
The family said the loss of Aldo reminded them to never take any loved one for granted and to appreciate what they have.
“If you have a brother, a sister, hug them tight because this was unexpected. It never crossed my mind that my brother wasn’t coming back,” Scarlett Rojas, Aldo’s sister, said.
Rojas said she and her brother spent his final moments together joking around, playing and hanging out. She said it’s been a while since they’ve shared a moment like it.
Studies suggest Vitamin D could reduce effects of COVID-19
Survey aims to improve scientific understanding of COVID-19
Concerned about the coronavirus, Willacy County bans many Halloween activities
Mission Police Department holds memorial for K-9 officer
Edinburg City Council votes to place charter amendment that would automatically suspend...