Texas firefighters save more than 100 snakes from house fire
CONROE, Texas (AP) - Firefighters in Texas have rescued more than 100 snakes from a home that caught fire over the weekend.
Authorities say a Christmas tree may have sparked the blaze Saturday near Conroe, about 40 miles (65 kilometers) north of Houston. The snakes included pythons and boa constrictors.
Authorities say that when firefighters arrived, they discovered a second-floor bedroom full of snakes and lizards.
Firefighters from Caney Creek and other responders carefully brought the snakes outside to safety, though authorities say "a couple" lizards died in the fire.
Houston TV station KTRK reports that the homeowners weren't at the house at the time of the fire.
Copyright 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Donna police searching for missing teen girl
Consumer Reports: Inexpensive printers may cost more
5 years after conjoined twins separated, Brownsville girls doing well
Younger people testing positive for COVID-19, Hidalgo County officials say
South Padres Island prepares for increase in tourism following busy weekend