Texas man killed by poisonous gas; wife dies checking on him
ODESSA, Texas (AP) - A 44-year-old Texas oil company worker died after being overcome by poisonous gas at a pump house, and his 37-year-old wife also was killed by the fumes when she went to check on him.
The Ector County Sheriff's Office says Jacob and Natalee Dean died Saturday night after inhaling hydrogen sulfide gas at an Aghorn Energy pump house in Odessa. Deputies say the company dispatched the husband to check on the facility. When he didn't return as expected, his wife tried to reach him by phone but got no answer.
She drove with their two children, ages 6 and 9, to the pump house and was overcome by the colorless, highly corrosive gas when she entered the building. The children were left in the car and weren't harmed.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
Victory for Texas abortion clinics amid outbreak put on hold
Salvation Army in McAllen running low on resources due to pandemic
As positive virus cases rise in Cameron County, officials urge public to...
Hidalgo County judge asks authorities to step up enforcement of shelter-at-home order
Crooks using pandemic fear to obtain personal information online