'We're going to get through this': Three families displaced after morning fire in Willacy County
Three families in Willacy County have been displaced after a fire quickly spread in multiple directions early Monday morning.
Raymondville Fire Chief Lauro Oscar Gutierrez says it took firefighters over two hours to extinguish the flames. Officials say the fire may have started from a heat lamp in one family’s garage.
“The community, friends, family— everybody’s been keeping up and helping out, and that’s what pretty much has me thinking, ‘You know, we’re going to get through this,” said Rene Gonzalez, who lost his home in the fire.
Raymondville residents are now coming together to help the families after the tragedy. If you’d like to donate to the families, call 956-966-6053 or email email@example.com.
A GoFundMe campaign has also been started for one of the families affected by the fire.
Watch the video above for the full story.
Sharyland ISD investigates after student athlete gets hand blisters from workout on...
Thursday, September 21, 2023: Breezy and hot, temps in the 100s
Jury selection for trial of man accused in death of DPS trooper...
Passport fair set for Saturday in McAllen
City of Mission opens community tool shed