Posted on Jan. 21, 2021
KRGV is looking to hire a Marketing Coordinator. Marketing Coordinators are expected to be creative individuals with outstanding organizational and fantastic communication skills as well as excellent time management.
To ensure success, our Marketing Coordinators should be detail-oriented and have a solid understanding of marketing techniques with a keen interest in providing a consistent brand voice across all marketing activities. Top candidates will exhibit critical thinking skills, strong problem-solving skills and a meticulous attention to detail.
Marketing Coordinator Responsibilities:
- . Station brand ambassador making sure all marketing materials are meeting brand standards, through creative messaging, voice and execution across all platforms TV, Radio, Digital, Social, Print, Events, Sales and internal marketing materials
- . Active role in strategy, development, creation and deployment of brand, marketing and digital Initiatives for Channel 5, Azteca Valle and Somos El Valle.
- . Collaboration with internal teams, including news, sales, etc.
- . Setup tracking systems for marketing campaigns, ratings and digital engagement
- . Responsible for daily programming and promotional items
- . Conduct market research to identify marketing opportunities for KRGV.
- . Maintain strict confidentiality of sensitive information.
Marketing Coordinator Requirements:
- . Bachelor’s degree in Marketing/Communications or related (preferred).
- . Bilingual- ability to speak, read and write in English and Spanish
- . Two years of experience in the media-related field.
- . Creative, critical thinker with strong problem-solving skills.
- . Solid organizational skills and detail oriented.
- . Ability to work under pressure and meet strict deadlines.
- . Creative mind with superb written and verbal communication skills.
- . Proficient in Microsoft Office, Photoshop and Adobe Premiere
KRGV (ABC) is located in the warm and beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas. (Harlingen - Weslaco - Brownsville - McAllen, Texas, DMA #84) Privately owned by the Manship family since 1964, KRGV offers its employees excellent benefits and use of state-of-the-art technologies. Channel 5 News is a hard news brand that drives market leading ratings in a fast growing area with significant breaking news. Azteca Valle, Channel 5.2, Cable 1240, is the Azteca America affiliate in the Rio Grande Valley. Hechos Valle offers more Spanish language newscasts than any other station in the market.
Somos el Valle ("We are the Valley"), Channel 5.3, Cable 1241, is an independent TV channel which specializes in local event coverage and carries local sports franchises such as the RGV Vipers and FC Toros.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a cover letter and resume to KRGV-TV Human Resources Department, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org