News Producer (Bilingual)Posted: Feb. 11, 2020.
We want producers that think outside the box to develop story ideas and concepts. Research, write and produce stories in Spanish for on-air and digital platforms. Responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing and all other editorial and production elements. Work with Directors and on-air talent for the production of the newscast. Contribute story ideas and participate actively in coverage of special news programs and performs other duties as needed and directed by News Management. Bilingual in Spanish and English, must be a fluent Spanish language writer and speaker.
Produce Spanish language newscasts with the audience experience in mind, recognizing that there are multiple options across multiple platforms.
In This Role, you will:
- Create unique Spanish newscasts and segments evoking emotion utilizing innovative showcasing.
- Write and copyedit news stories in Spanish for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
- Develop content through social listening and independent sources.
- Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
- Monitor wire services and CNN news feeds.
- Research for facts and credibility.
- Work with crews in the field to help create great bilingual news stories.
- Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience
- At least one-year newsroom work experience
- Must be PC proficient
- Candidates must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be bilingual in English and Spanish
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free work place.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a resume to Tammy Meier, Personnel Manager, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail email@example.com.