News Producer (Bilingual)
Azteca Valle in the Rio Grande Valley, McAllen-Brownsville area and 10th largest Hispanic market is looking for a dynamic Spanish speaking newscast producer. The right person will be interested in originating unique news content for a large Spanish speaking audience in a market that is over 93% Hispanic, Azteca Valle produces more news than any of the Spanish network affiliates in the market, producing 17 hours of news per week. We are part of the KRGV Channel 5 News which makes us the largest news operation in South Texas. If you are interested in producing fast-paced, creative Spanish language newscasts with the audience experience in mind, we want to hear from you.
We want someone who thinks outside the box to develop story ideas and concepts.
Research, write and produce local stories in Spanish for on-air and digital platforms. Responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing and all other editorial and production elements. Work with directors and on-air talent for the production of the newscast. Contribute story ideas and participate actively in coverage of special news programs and performs other duties as needed and directed by News Management. Bilingual in Spanish and English, must be a fluent Spanish language writer and speaker.
Produce Spanish language newscasts with the audience experience in mind, recognizing that there are multiple options across multiple platforms.
In this role, you will:
• Create unique Spanish newscasts and segments evoking emotion utilizing innovative showcasing.
• Write and copyedit news stories in Spanish for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
• Develop content through social listening and independent sources.
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
• Monitor wire services and CNN news feeds
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Work with crews in the field to help create great Enterprise news stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as including graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories.
• Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
• BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience.
• At least one year Spanish language newsroom work experience as a writer, reporter or producer
• Must be a fluent Spanish language writer and speaker.
Interested applicants should send a resume, references, cover letter and resume reel or link to: email@example.com
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.