CON MI GENTE: Historic Valley Landmark Relocated
NEAR BROWNSVILLE – It took a number of years and the combined efforts of many, but now a Rio Grande Valley historic monument has a new home.
It’s the Resaca de la Palma Battlefield just outside Brownsville, the second battle site of the Mexican-American War, fought in 1846.
In 1917, a total of four giant cannons were used to mark four different battle sites.
A ceremony was held to highlight the moving of the restored cannon, complete with reenactors.
Watch the video above for the full segment of Con Mi Gente.
Medical Breakthroughs: Partial Knee Replacement
UTRGV athletes launch 'Vaqueros United' initiative
Texas State Teachers Association survey reveals concerns about how school districts will...
New details emerge about woman accused of sending poison to President Trump...
McAllen wifi network provides free internet to students