DPS Launches App to Anonymously Report Suspicious Behaviors
WESLACO – The Texas Department of Public Safety launched the iWatchTexas mobile app on Friday.
Suspicious behaviors, such as criminal activities, terroristic activities or school safety-related threats, can be reported using the app.
Each report is reviewed by law enforcement analysts and remains confidential.
Reports can also be made online or by calling 844-643-2251.
Examples of behaviors and activities DPS recommends reporting include:
- Comments regarding killing or harming someone
- Questions about building security features
- Briefcase, backpack or package left behind
- Vehicles left in no-parking zones
- Unusual chemical smells or fumes
- Sensitive information requests (blueprints, security plans or travel schedules)
- Purchasing supplies that could be used to make bombs or weapons
- Taking photographs or videos of security features (cameras or checkpoints)
The app is available for both iPhone and Android users.
Catholic Charities of the RGV prepares for influx of migrants due to...
Second dose of COVID-19 vaccine may cause more side effects— health experts...
Rio Grande Valley immigration officials preparing for migrant caravan
SpaceX postpones Starship SN9 flight test, possible launch day set for Tuesday
Guatemalan families think massacre victims were migrants