Fire Breaks Out at Shooting Range, 1 Treated for Smoke Inhalation
MCALLEN – One employee was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out in a shooting range Monday afternoon.
First responders arrived shortly after 2 p.m. to the business, located at the Jackson Palmer Crossing Strip Mall on North Jackson Road and Business 83.
Pharr Assistant Fire Chief Eloy Salazar tells CHANNEL 5 NEWS as soon as firefighters stepped inside the business, they reportedly heard ammunition going off.
He adds most of the damage came from the water used to douse the flames.
Store employees should be back to work soon once fire crews are through investigating.
Watch the video above for more information.
Virtual holiday parties helping stop the spread of COVID-19
Weslaco family spreading holiday cheer by turning their home into Northopolis
McAllen named one of the safest border cities in the country
Hidalgo County health officials keeping a close eye on available hospital beds...
A San Benito family mourning the loss of 4 family members involved...