La Feria family loses home in house fire
A La Feria family was left with nothing after a fire tore through their home Wednesday night.
According to relative Maria Galvan, the fire started around 3 a.m. while the family slept.
Galvan said her nephew got up for a drink of water when he noticed the smoke in his home and alerted the rest of the family, saving them. Fire officials said the fire started as a result of an electrical issue.
Now without a home, the family hopes to get the help they need to get back on their feet.
Watch the video above for the full story.
Hidalgo County Tuesday COVID report
City of Mercedes receives $3.6 million in federal funding
Valley teen born with congenital scoliosis shares his story
Alton emergency pantry providing food, clothing to families in need
32 inmates, 2 jailers test positive for COVID-19 at Willacy County jail