Mother of Missing Donna Teen Speaks Out
DONNA – A 13-year-old Donna teen missing since last week is now on her way home from the Houston area.
Priscilla Elisabel Martinez was rescued after her alleged abductor crashed following a high speed chase in Montgomery County.
The Hidalgo County Sheriff’s office confirmed the alleged abductor is Martinez’s uncle.
Martinez’s parents said they didn’t give the uncle permission to take their daughter away.
Hidalgo County Sheriff Eddie Guerra explains they received the missing report on August 9.
During the investigation, authorities found out the suspect took Martinez to Illinois.
On Tuesday, Martinez’s mother found out she is safe.
Priscilla Nuncio hugged her other daughter with mixed emotions of relief and disappointment.
"It’s okay. We found her. She's already coming. That's all that matters,” said Nuncio. “I can't believe my brother would do something like this and go this far, to this extent.”
Now, Nuncio's 43-year old brother is accused of kidnapping Martinez.
"I had read some messages on her messenger where he's encouraging her to run away, this is back in June, the 21, that’s when everything started. I confronted him and confronted her. I ended up taking her up north because of all the chaos. We had left to Michigan for a couple of weeks,” said Nuncio.
Amber alerts and the regional alert system went out to help the public search for Martinez.
"And I just want to let her know that it's not her fault. I mean she's only 13 she was vulnerable, she was brain washed and I just want her to know that we're going to be here and we're going to be her support a hundred percent,” said Nuncio.
Nuncio said she wants to start counseling for Priscilla. She wants to rebuild and keep the family together.
Martinez's abductor will have to face pending charges in Montgomery County. Sheriff Guerra explained he’s facing it multiple charges.
"Which include enticing a child which is a third degree felony, unlawful restraint less than 17 and harboring a runaway which is a class a misdemeanor,” said Guerra.
Guerra said it will take a while before the abductor comes to the Rio Grande Valley to face his charges.
Starr County health authority resigns
Loss of millions of dollars estimated in citrus industry after Hurricane Hanna
Attorney seeking bond reduction for man charged of kidnapping ex-wife
Weslaco police working to track down burglary suspect
Positive Parenting: Families Doubling up During COVID