Nearly 5 Million Fiat Chrysler Vehicles Recalled
WESLACO – Fiat Chrysler is recalling 4.8 million vehicles in the U.S. because drivers may not be able to turn off cruise control.
The company says it can happen if the cruise control accelerates at the same time an electrical short-circuit happens.
They say shifting into park would cancel the cruise control, but tapping the brakes or turning off the cruise control button won’t work.
Fiat Chryslers is urging customers to follow recall instructions and get the repairs done as soon as possible.
The following models are covered under the recall:
• 2015-17 Chrysler 200 sedan
• 2014-18 Chrysler 300 sedan
• 2014-18 Dodge Charger sedan
• 2014-18 Dodge Durango SUV
• 2014-18 Dodge Journey crossover
• 2014-18 Jeep Cherokee SUV
• 2014-18 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV
• 2014-18 Ram 2500 pickup
• 2014-18 Ram 3500 cab chassis
• 2014-18 Ram 3500 pickup
• 2014-18 Ram 4500/5500 cab chassis
• 2014-19 Ram 1500 pickup
• 2015-18 Dodge Challenger coupe
• 2017-18 Chrysler Pacifica minivan
• 2018 Jeep Wrangler
Owners with questions can call their dealers or Fiat Chrysler at 866-220-6747.
Valley volunteers key part of COVID-19 vaccine research
Valley Land Fund backs out of deal to sell land for border...
San Benito man killed during mass shooting in Nebraska
McAllen plant thieves inspire a random act of kindness
McAllen code enforcement visits 150 restaurants to monitor compliance with COVID-19 regulations