x

Officials to Open Investigation into Leaked Police Recording

Related Story

SAN BENITO – The city of San Benito will launch an investigation into the leak of police recordings.

City leaders gathered Wednesday evening to discuss how to handle the investigation into hundreds of recordings that were reportedly accessed without the police department’s permission.  

San Benito Police Chief Michael Galvan said there is evidence the recordings were accessed and copied. The recordings were saved to a server that did not have restricted access.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS spoke to San Benito commissioner Esteban Rodriguez last week. He said they would be working to find out who was responsible.

After the closed door meeting on Wednesday, we asked San Benito city attorney Ricardo Morado how the city plans to handle the reported leak.

“The city is going to conduct an investigation into the matter and we’ll take action as appropriate as the investigation unfolds,” he said.

We asked Morado how the city will handle police recordings from now on. He declined to comment further.

In the meantime, the San Benito Police Department said they will step up their cyber-security.

San Benito city manager Manuel De La Rosa said the police department launched their own investigation two months ago when they first learned about the breach.

Count on CHANNEL 5 NEWS to bring you the latest in this story. 

News

Radar
7 Days