Police Share Advice for Those Driving During Eclipse
WESLACO – People will be able to partially view the eclipse in the Rio Grande Valley on Monday.
Weslaco police want drivers to know even roadway shoulders are not the right place to view the coming eclipse.
They are also providing the following advice:
- Don’t stop along the interstate or park on the shoulder.
- Exit the highway to a safe location to view the eclipse.
- Do not take photos while driving.
- Don’t try to wear eclipse glasses while operating a vehicle.
- Turn your headlights on because your automatic sensors may not activate.
- Watch for pedestrians.
Police added there may be extra congestion during the event. They urge drivers to be cautious on roadways.
Consumer Reports: What to buy in August
Heart of the Valley: Point Isabel ISD prepares for 2021 school year
Photographer's Perspective: Behind the scenes of Cowboy's camp coverage
McAllen sidewalks clean after city removes gum
Consumer Reports: Difference between dishwashing and handwashing