Vehicle Fire at McAllen Dealership Injures 5
MCALLEN – The McAllen Fire Department responded to a vehicle fire at a dealership Friday afternoon.
The incident happened at the Clark Chevrolet Dealership repair shop located on Business 83 around 12:30 p.m.
Officials said five people were sent to the hospital.
The dealership general manager, Roger Solis, said the shop's foreman received the most injuries. A system manger and three other mechanics also suffered burn injuries.
Solis issued the following statement:
"We had five of our employees get hurt when a vehicle caught fire in our shop today [around 12:30 pm]. We don't know how it happened. It's still under investigation. We pray our employees recover quickly."
McAllen Deputy Chief Fire Marshal Gerald Williamson said they were working on the vehicle when fire investigators said a "flash fire" occurred.
"A flash fire is a fire that's going to occur due to some flammable vapor. Once it flares, it's not going to sustain burning," he explained.
McAllen police also assisted in the incident.
An ongoing fire investigation is underway.
Special education teachers says virtual learning is helping her students
Biden administration could change border wall plans and immigration policies
Local doctor explains how Remdesivir works against COVID-19
Edinburg woman living with Nutcracker Syndrome shares her story
Valley Made, Local Strong: Mission Skeet and Trap Club