Part-Time News Editor
Description: Applicant must have experience with non-linear editing and videotape production and editing of news stories. Position will edit stories for daily newscasts. The ability to work under pressure is a must as well as the availability to work a variety of shifts. Will perform other duties as assigned.
CREATIVE SERVICES DIRECTOR
KRGV (ABC) is looking for a Creative Services Director to guide the operations of a new department; this is a department head position. The CSD will develop strategy, budgets, and media for all station efforts regarding the station's marketing. The CSD will be responsible for the station's style and image which is conveyed over all media.
• Develop and recommend all station marketing strategy for television, print, and an emphasis on digital.
• Create a sustainable image for the station, which is communicated on-air and through other media; assure that the integrity of this style is maintained in all promotional opportunities.
• Oversee the station's news promotion and commercial production efforts including but not limited to the writing, shooting and editing of both on-air and online news promotion and client advertising.
• The CSD will manage two creative services department producers. Must have hands-on ability to produce daily promotion for a station with 6.5 hours of news content a day.
• Responsible for the unified graphic package station-wide.
• Study all competitors to evaluate current and future areas of opportunity for KRGV.
• Develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the sales department and assist with revenue-generating promotions.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent related experience
• Prior CSD (top 100 market) experience or Assistant CSD (top 50 market) required
• Ability to regularly use all department equipment (including but not limited to camera, software, and studio equipment)
• Prior news promotion experience required
• Knowledge in media buying including radio, print, outdoor, and cable and co-op allocation
• Creative writing, producing, and editing skills
• Experience with client commercial production required
• Experience with budget preparation and management
KRGV (ABC) is located in the warm and beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas. (Harlingen - Weslaco - Brownsville - McAllen, Texas, DMA #86)
Privately owned by the Manship family since 1964, KRGV offers its employees excellent benefits and use of state-of-the-art technologies. Channel 5 News is a hard news brand that drives market leading ratings in a fast growing area with significant breaking news.
Applicants should have significant experience in general assignment reporting, including Live ENG and satellite work. You must be able to develop your own contacts, enterprise good news stories, and respond well to breaking and spot news.
Outstanding writing skills are required as well as the ability to make good use of graphics and production equipment.
Email resume to Jenny Martinez, News Director at email@example.com.
Technical Director/Master Control Operator
Qualifications: Experience as a technical director and master control operator. Sony DVS 8000 switcher experience is a plus. Applicant should have strong creative background in shooting, directing, and editing. Applicant should have strong working knowledge of lighting and sound with EFP equipment and experience in non-linear editing. Must possess the ability to work and communicate well under pressure. Position reports to the News Director.
Duties: Responsibilities will include technical directing a variety of newscasts. Work closely with News Producers and AP's. Technical Directing, master control operations, pre and post-production editing and studio camera work. Performs other reasonable related duties as may be assigned by managers.
Requirements: Prefer at least one year experience in a television station. Candidate must be reliable and have good people skills.
News Reporter/Weekend Anchor
This job requires experience and is not a position for beginners. Those without commercial
broadcast experience will not be considered.
We are looking for a seasoned professional with a solid background in journalism, a
background in investigative reporting is a plus. Your reporting skills will be as important as
your anchoring ability.
Responsibilities include helping producers select stories that reflect newsroom ethics and station
brand, making public appearances, involvement in the community. You must be a leader
with a "can do attitude and a willingness to stretch as an anchor.
We are the number one station in the market and are located near South Padre Island on the
Gulf Coast. If you have what it takes, we want to see your work. Send your resume and a link
to your work to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail a dvd to:
Position: Reporter/Weekend Meteorologist
DUTIES & REQUIREMENTS: Must have degree in Meteorology. Must be able to work under deadlines in a fast paced environment. Candidate will also be asked to work extensive hours during bad weather days. Will be working with WSI System.Experience in news reporting, strong writing skills and knowledge of TV techniques. Send most current video resume to email@example.com
KRGV-TV CHANNEL 5 is seeking a McAllen Area Account Executive to service existing clients and develop new accounts. This dynamic individual will be responsible for all aspects of servicing clients of Channel 5 including business development, overseeing production of commercials, commercial scheduling, billing, and collections. A minimum of three years of television and internet sales experience is required.
KRGV-TV is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person's race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. Discriminatory employment practices are specifically prohibited by the Federal Communications Commission.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you or anyone you know might be qualified for an advertised vacancy, we encourage you to send a resume to:
P.O. Box 5
Weslaco, TX 78599
Fax: (956) 973-5003
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notification of Future Job Openings
KRGV is an equal opportunity employer.
Organizations can get information about future job openings at KRGV. (This service is only available to organizations, NOT individuals.)
Organizations wanting notification about future job opening can contact us by fax at (956) 973-5003 or by sending an email to email@example.com.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.