Posted Feb. 11, 2020
KRGV TV Channel 5 News in the McAllen-Weslaco-Brownsville market is looking for a dynamic News Producer to join the largest news operation in south Texas. KRGV is the market leader in news and digital platforms producing 30 hours of news per week and with a long history of producing compelling, award winning news. If you like to produce fast-paced, creative newscasts with the audience experience in mind and enjoy working in a great work environment, we want to hear from you.
The News Producer must be able to originate and develop story ideas and concepts.
Research, write and produce stories for air. Responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing and all other editorial and production elements. Work with Directors and on-air talent for the production of the newscast. Contribute story ideas and participate actively in coverage decisions of special news programs and performs other duties as needed and directed by news management.
Bilingual in Spanish is helpful, but not mandatory.
Knowledge of ENPS helpful.
Knowledge of XPression CG and Graphics systems helpful.
Produce newscasts with the audience experience in mind, recognizing that there are multiple options across multiple platforms.
In This Role, you will:
• Create unique newscasts and segments evoking emotion and utilizing innovative showcasing.
• Write and copyedit news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
• Develop content through social listening and independent sources.
• Skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover and distribute content.
• Monitor wire services, ABC and CNN news feeds
• Research for facts and credibility.
• Work with crews in the field to help create great Enterprise news stories.
• Use creative production techniques such as including graphics and new forms of media to enhance stories.
• Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience.
- At least one year newsroom work experience
- Must be PC proficient
- Candidates must possess strong communication and organizational skills
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance, we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a resume to Tammy Meier, Personnel Manager, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail to email@example.com.