Full-Time News Producer
Posted Feb. 24, 2022
KRGV-TV5 in Weslaco, Texas has the following vacancy:
KRGV TV Channel 5 News (ABC) in the McAllen-Weslaco-Brownsville market is looking for a dynamic Full-Time Newscast Producer to join the largest news operation in South Texas.
KRGV is an award-winning legacy market leader in news and digital platforms producing 30 hours of news per week and with a long history of producing compelling, award-winning news. If you like to produce fast-paced, creative newscasts using a new, award-winning news set for showcasing your shows and enjoy working in a great work environment, we want to hear from you.
Located in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas (Market #85), we are just minutes from the Gulf of Mexico and the beaches of South Padre Island. McAllen, Brownsville and the other cities in our area are recognized among the most affordable areas to live in the U.S.
The News Producer must be able to originate and develop the best content and up-to-date information while showcasing for the best viewer audience experience, write stories for air in a conversational, easy-to-understand manner and is responsible for story placement, teases, graphics, writing, timing and all other editorial and production elements. The News Producer works with Directors and on-air talent for the best production opportunities of the newscast and performs other duties as needed as directed by news management.
In This Role, you will:
- • Create unique newscasts and segments evoking emotion and utilizing innovative showcasing.
- • Write and copy edit news stories for on-air broadcasting and digital platforms.
- • Work with the digital team and skillfully use social media and digital tools to research, discover breaking news stories and other local content.
- • Monitor wire services, ABC and CNN news feeds
- • Research for facts and credibility.
- • Work with crews in the field to help create great Enterprise news stories.
- • Use creative production techniques such as including graphics and new forms of media to enhance the presentation of stories.
- • Lead and inspire news teams to work together for a great newscast.
- • BA/BS preferred in Journalism/Mass Communications or equivalent experience.
- • At least one-year newsroom work experience
- • Knowledge of ENPS helpful
- • Knowledge of XPression CG and Graphics systems helpful
- • Candidates must possess strong communication and organizational skills
- • Bilingual in Spanish is helpful, but not mandatory.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance, we want to make insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you are qualified for the above vacancy send your resume to Elizabeth Gaona, Director of Human Resources, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599, or email to email@example.com.