Child hospitalized after suspected shark bite on South Padres Island
A Colorado girl visiting South Padre Island was hospitalized after a suspected shark bite Thursday.
According to SPI Public Information Officer Nikki Soto, at approximately 3 p.m., the SPI Fire Department responded to the 900 Block of the beach regarding an 11-year-old girl with injuries to her thigh.
The family, visiting from the northern state, told firefighters they saw a shark in the water nearby.
The child was transported to a local hospital for medical attention.
SPI Fire Chief Jim Pigg says shark bites are rare on the island.
RGV State Veterans Cemetery sees many families remembering their loved ones on...
Brownsville ISD police boosting security for graduation ceremonies
Brownsville holds 24th annual Memorial Day Silent March
TxDOT offers Memorial Day travel tips
Photographer's Perspective: Capturing Valley history