'We're going to get through this': Three families displaced after morning fire in Willacy County
Three families in Willacy County have been displaced after a fire quickly spread in multiple directions early Monday morning.
Raymondville Fire Chief Lauro Oscar Gutierrez says it took firefighters over two hours to extinguish the flames. Officials say the fire may have started from a heat lamp in one family’s garage.
“The community, friends, family— everybody’s been keeping up and helping out, and that’s what pretty much has me thinking, ‘You know, we’re going to get through this,” said Rene Gonzalez, who lost his home in the fire.
Raymondville residents are now coming together to help the families after the tragedy. If you’d like to donate to the families, call 956-966-6053 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
A GoFundMe campaign has also been started for one of the families affected by the fire.
Watch the video above for the full story.
Border Patrol boosts staff at Valley checkpoints ahead of holidays
Brownsville Veterans gearing up for semifinals after historic win
Starr County man speaks out after father's grave found desecrated
Pump Patrol - Dec. 4, 2023
Hidalgo County Sheriff's Office warns of scam callers requesting money to drop...
Highlights from Brownsville Vets' historic win
Brownsville Veterans advances to state semifinals
Fans show support for Brownsville Veterans ahead of playoffs
Brownsville Chargers face Corpus Christi Miller Buccaneers
Brownsville Chargers face Corpus Christi Miller Buccaneers in 4th round of playoffs