Morning News Anchor
Posted on Dec. 2, 2020.
Are you a morning person? Do you love waking up with the sun and keeping the early risers in the know?
KRGV-TV Channel 5 News in the beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas, the Gulf of Mexico and the market news leader is looking for an engaging and personable anchor to help lead our Number One rated morning newscasts.
Our successful candidate is a team collaborator and multimedia leader with excellent interviewing skills, and proven ability to skillfully ad lib in any live situation. As the morning anchor team leader, you should understand that the job doesn’t end when the TV show does, in fact, the social conversation should only have just begun.
Must be able to engage the audience in an authentic way as someone the audience loves watching and want to watch on a regular basis. Remember, this is morning news.
Must be able to present news under pressure, during live newscasts as well as outside regularly scheduled newscasts. Responsible for, but not limited to, gathering information, writing and editing newsworthy events including covering breaking/spot news, general news, sports and feature stories.
The right person must be a solid journalist who wants to play a role in the coverage plans for the morning newscast including participating in story choices and how they are presented in the show and for a morning audience. Life in the morning has changed and so have we.
Help elevate the level of storytelling in all scripts including those reported, written and produced for all platforms. Develop and maintain a network of news sources providing access to exclusive local news stories. Also responsible for writing stories, headlines and news updates as well as fill-in anchoring duties on other newscasts as needed.
· BA or BS in Journalism, Communications or Political Science preferred.
· Must possess a minimum of 2 years television anchor and or reporter experience.
· Bilingual in English/Spanish a plus
· Excellent use of social media for news gathering/disseminating and community engagement
· Cultivate sources for creating compelling news stories
· Must have excellent writing skills as well as very strong speech skills.
· Must be able to ad-lib effortlessly in various types of situations, particularly breaking news.
· Able to handle working under the pressure of intense deadlines.
· Have the ability to work effectively with others in a team environment.
· Excellent, creative presentation and writing skills a must
· Creating a dialog with our morning audience and your friends and followers.
· Develop contacts and relationships in the community
· Understands and lives the concepts of collaboration and teamwork
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a cover letter and resume to Tammy Meier, Personnel Manager, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.