Brownsville Home Catches Fire after Grease Overflows
BROWNSVILLE – The Brownsville Fire Department is currently at the scene of a house fire that left two injured.
Firefighters arrived at the home on Austrian Pine in Brownsville. Assistant Fire Chief Mario Guerro said it was caused by a grease fire.
The oil one of the homeowners was using to cook overflowed and sparked flames with a nearby propane tank. The flames quickly traveled inside the home.
The assistant fire chief said the flames were overtaking the home when the first crew arrived at the scene.
Two firefighters first at the scene suffered injuries. One of them suffered smoke inhalation. The other firefighter’s gear melted due to the high temperatures of the flames. He suffered first degree burns.
The assistant fire chief said the men held through despite the dangerous flames. Both firefighters were treated for their injuries and released.
The inside of the home sustained serious damage. The family said their Christmas gifts were destroyed in the fire.
Gov. Abbott addresses new coronavirus trend in El Paso
Precint 4 commissioner giving out school supplies to students
Mission code enforcement sifts through garbage to catch people responsible for illegal...
Edinburg school name to change after public voices concerns
Mother of teen shot by police in Pharr speaks out