Overheated e-cigarette battery causes small fire on flight
CHICAGO (AP) - American Airlines says a passenger's electronic cigarette caused a small fire on a flight from Las Vegas to Chicago's O'Hare International Airport.
American Airlines spokeswoman Leslie Scott says the e-cigarette's battery overheated shortly after Flight 168 landed Friday night. Scott says flight attendants stamped out the fire.
No one was injured. The 138 passengers and crew of six taxied to a gate.
The U.S. Transportation Department has banned e-cigarettes from checked bags because of the potential for them to catch fire. Passengers may put then in carry-on bags, but cannot use them aboard planes.
Scott says the incident was reported to the Federal Aviation Administration, which tracks such events.
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
South Texas ISD teacher concerned about returning to campus amid pandemic
Hidalgo County and Cameron County report a combined total of 90 coronavirus-related...
McAllen Convention Center now open as temporary health care facility
Family contending with flooding near La Feria
RGV Mutual Aid collects about $41,000 to assist people affected by Hurricane...