x

Man receives 15-year prison sentence in deadly McDonald's parking lot shooting in Alamo

Man receives 15-year prison sentence in deadly McDonald's parking lot shooting in Alamo
1 hour 4 minutes 55 seconds ago Thursday, August 20 2026 Aug 20, 2026 August 20, 2026 5:10 PM August 20, 2026 in News - Local
Source: KRGV

A 28-year-old man was sentenced on Tuesday to 15 years in prison after pleading guilty to a murder charge in connection with a 2024 shooting at a McDonald’s parking lot in Alamo.

Jose Alberto Jimenez was previously identified as the driver of a second vehicle that was seen arriving at the parking lot of the McDonald's located at 1018 West Frontage Road on Aug. 20, 2024. That vehicle was then seen driving away following the shooting.

CLICK HERE FOR INITIAL COVERAGE OF THE SHOOTING

The Alamo Police Department previously said the motive of the shooting is suspected to be "gang and narcotics-related."

Police declined to identify the victim, but an indictment says his name was Raul Cantu Jr.

Three other suspects were charged in connection with the case.

Christina Montemayor was identified as the driver of the other vehicle involved in the shooting, and turned herself in to police.

Albert Medina was identified as the gunman in the shooting and was arrested in McAllen.

A fourth suspect, Carlos Alfredo Rivera Jasso, pleaded guilty to a murder charge and was sentenced to 23 years. Police did not say how he was involved in the shooting.

Medina also took a plea deal and received a 45-year prison sentence.

Montemayor’s case is set to go to trial on Sept. 21.

More News

Radar
7 Days