Officials reviewing if man's death tied to Houston explosion
By JUAN A. LOZANO
HOUSTON (AP) - An attorney says a 47-year-old man who was injured by debris from his home when an industrial warehouse in Houston exploded last month has died. But officials could not immediately say if his death would be added to the confirmed list of two people who died in the explosion. The attorney said Gilberto Mendoza Cruz died Wednesday. The attorney said he believes Cruz's death is linked to the Jan. 24 blast at Watson Grinding and Manufacturing as he was healthy before the explosion. Houston Fire Department Deputy Chief Richard Galvan said officials were still determining if Cruz's death would be considered explosion-related.
Copyright 2020 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
DHR Health prepared to open 3 fully operational COVID-19 units
Evening Weather Forecast Monday Nov. 30, 2020
5 new WiFi towers for Donna ISD students learning remotely
Immigration non-profit seek Giving Tuesday donations to prepare for tent courts reopening
Online shopping tips for Cyber Monday and year round