CON MI GENTE: Historic Valley Landmark Relocated
NEAR BROWNSVILLE – It took a number of years and the combined efforts of many, but now a Rio Grande Valley historic monument has a new home.
It’s the Resaca de la Palma Battlefield just outside Brownsville, the second battle site of the Mexican-American War, fought in 1846.
In 1917, a total of four giant cannons were used to mark four different battle sites.
A ceremony was held to highlight the moving of the restored cannon, complete with reenactors.
Watch the video above for the full segment of Con Mi Gente.
Demonstrators peacefully protest for justice in Edinburg
UTRGV offers free counseling services to those mentally impacted by current events
Harlingen hospital to reopen to visitors with restrictions
UPDATE: Officials waiting for coronavirus test results for inmates, staff at Willacy...
Spike in COVID-19 cases across Valley due to slow turnaround of results