Valley Residents Urged to Report Flood Damage
WESLACO – Rio Grande Valley officials are urging residents to report any flood damage to their property.
Sheriff's Office: 956-689-5576
Monday – Friday
9 am to 4pm
Residents can report flood damage by calling 956-546-4357. They are also urged to photograph and/or record video of damage and submit it by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
City and state officials are assessing damages to streets, bridges and other related infrastructure.
Residents are asked to photograph and document all damages as the clean-up process begins. Assessment applications are available at city offices.
All water-damaged items should be disposed of behind street curbs. The city will pick them up as soon as possible.
Damage assessment evaluations are underway in Pharr.
The evaluation will focus on water damage caused by last week’s storms and may help Pharr residents to qualify for assistance.
Residents can visit the Development Research Center at 850 W. Dicker Road for a Damage Assessment Evaluation.
They’re asked to bring identification or a Pharr utility bill, as well as photos of the flood damage.
The evaluations will continue through the following days:
- Tuesday, June 26, 2018: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, June 27, 2018: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Thursday, June 28, 2018: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
- Friday, June 29, 2018: 10:00 am – 8:00 pm
Texas Rio Grande Legal Aid has a hotline for those seeking legal help post-disaster.
The help is free for low-income Texans.
If you’re seeking help, call 866-757-1570.
Services included are listed below:
- Appealing denials of assistance from FEMA and insurance companies
- Accessing other benefits such as unemployment aid
- Replacing lost or destroyed documents
- Coping with contractor fraud and scams
- Handling landlord-tenant conflicts