Full-Time Morning Executive Producer
Posted January 10, 2022
KRGV-TV in Weslaco, Texas has the following vacancy on the staff:
Channel 5 News (ABC) and Azteca Valle (Azteca America) in the Rio Grande Valley of South Texas are looking for an experienced: Morning Executive Producer. This is a Full Time Position.
The Rio Grande Valley is recognized among the safest and most affordable places to live in the country. We are just 1 hour from the beaches of the Gulf of Mexico.
This person must be creative, innovative, and a newsroom leader. This person will report to the News Director and work closely with other newsroom managers in shaping and ensuring the execution of high impact story development and newscast showcasing. Also work with our Marketing team on any special projects and community events the stations are involved with. You should understand the importance of urgent, impactful coverage of what’s new, now and next as well as knowledge of handling breaking news and weather situations.
The Executive Producer will bring new expectations, inspire excellence, and hold the team accountable. You will be a member of the news management team, working with other department managers on major station initiatives. You will be responsible for overseeing 2.5 hours of news each weekday on Channel 5 News (ABC) and 1 hour of news on Hechos Valle (Azteca America). As the Rio Grande Valley’s dominant #1 news station, you’ll have the largest and latest resources to create shows that resonate with viewers. As Executive Producer, you will oversee a team of journalists from varied backgrounds working on tight deadlines, therefore strong planning and communication skills are a must. The ideal candidate will exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, be a team player and must maintain a professional attitude at all times. This position requires availability to work weekends and may require holiday work. Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
- • Research, write and edit daily content for television and web platforms.
- • Produce a high-quality, well-paced newscast that resonates with key demographics.
- • Train, manage and provide regular feedback to the morning team members and inspire the entire team to produce strong, engaging content.
- • Ensure story selection and placement fits our mission of providing the best local news coverage for our viewers.
- • Be the “morning leader” ensuring the success of our daily and long-term projects, including special events and breaking news coverage.
- • Understand our market and key target audiences and where they live.
- • Bilingual in English and Spanish is essential for this position.
- • The ideal candidate will have experience producing compelling newscasts, have excellent writing skills and solid news judgment.
- • Knowledge of AP and style and creativity using graphics and video. Experience with ENPS, BitCentral or Edius is a big plus.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free work place. If you are qualified for the above vacancy send resume to Elizabeth Gaona, Director of Human Resources, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599 or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.