Fiesta de Palmas implementing changes due to COVID-19
Due to the coronavirus, this year’s Fiesta de Palmas will implementing new safety protocols.
Here are some of the changes visitors can expect:
• Every visitor that isn’t family or groups of friends must be at a safe distance from one another.
• Only close family members will be able to purchase a space in front of the stage for $40 and will be limited to eight people per space.
• Each group will be separated by 10 feet.
• Food trucks will serve drive-thru style and curbside.
• Some live performances will be streamed online, to avoid larger crowds.
Visitors can also expect face coverings, temperature checks and one way pedestrian traffic.
Alberto Alcazar, a promotor for First Row Promotions said he didn’t think anybody was prepared for a situation like this.
“I think we’re learning, reinventing ourselves and modifying what we would do normally do,” Alcazar said.
Watch the video for the full story.
Tips for getting your Christmas tree home safely
Researchers working to save endangered ocelots in the RGV
2013 state law protects SpaceX from being liable for damages caused by...
Downtown Brownsville being revitalized
Officials say the number of Covid cases, hospitalizations will continue to rise