Portions of Monte Alto roads completely flooded following severe weather
In Monte Alto near Mile 5 Road, portions of the road are completely flooded following the severe weather that moved across the Rio Grande Valley on Wednesday.
Officials at Hidalgo County Precinct 1 say no homes were seriously damaged, but some residents say many homeowners left the area after dealing with flooding issues.
Officials advise residents to pay close attention to roads while driving as many are still underwater.
If you live in Hidalgo County Precinct 1, you can call (956) 968-8733 to report any issues.
RELATED WEATHER COVERAGE:
- Photos show flooding as Flash Flood Warning issued in parts of Rio Grande Valley
- AEP: Thousands without power in Palmview and Mission
- Click HERE for the KRGV Weather Page.
- Click HERE to download the KRGV First Warn 5 Weather app on Apple devices.
- Click HERE to download the KRGV First Warn 5 Weather app on Android devices.
Valley school district leaders prepare mental health intervention plans for upcoming school...
Officials working to identify bodies found in tractor-trailer in San Antonio
Lack of water impacting farmers in Donna
Day 2: Crime scene investigator testifies in Palmview double murder trial
Financial assistance available for BPUB customers who qualify