Grass Fire Possibly Ignited by SpaceX Starhopper Test
BROWNSVILLE – Firefighters are on the scene near the SpaceX Boca Chica launch pad working to put out a grass fire.
Fire officials say it was caused by last night’s starhopper test.
A SpaceX spokesperson says their team is working with the Brownsville Fire Department to manage the incident, which is under control.
Brownsville Fire Chief Jarrett Sheldon told CHANNEL 5 NEWS the fire scorched about an acre and there was no threat to the surrounding area.
After 6 a.m. Friday, we witnessed the flames burning, but the fire was largely put out by 7:30 a.m. before it reignited.
Watch the video above for more information.
McAllen Crime Stoppers hosts annual Thanksgiving meal giveaway
Holiday airport travel safety tips amid pandemic
Overgrown grass raising safety concerns for San Juan family
Texas Board of Education amending current sex education curriculum
RGV healthcare workers worried for another rise in COVID cases after holidays