Full-Time Local Sales Manager
Posted December 20, 2021
KRGV-TV in Weslaco, Texas has the following vacancy:
KRGV-TV, the ABC affiliate in the beautiful Rio Grande Valley of South Texas, is currently seeking:
Full Time Local Sales Manager
To drive local sales efforts across KRGV CHANNEL 5, KRGV 5.2 AZTECA VALLE, KRGV 5.3 SOMOS EL VALLE and KRGV-Digital.
- • Create local sales packages on a weekly basis for the local sales team
- • Prepare for and conduct weekly sales meetings with the local sales team
- • Collect and analyze monthly and quarterly revenue forecast information for sellers on a weekly basis
- • Manage the generation of leads and assign them to sales staff on a consistent basis
- • Ensure each Local Account Executive achieves revenue targets across existing, new, and digital sales lines
- • Review and resolve preemptions daily and manage local sales orders and inventory
- • Responsible for the local sales team team achieving budgets for Local Direct and Local agency for KRGV 5.1 Channel 5, KRGV 5.2 Azteca Valle, KRGV 5.3 Somos El Valle, and KRGV Digital
- • Ensure that all production requests are being reviewed and verified prior to being sent to the Marketing Department
- • Attend sales meetings with key clients as needed to assist in growing the account and the client relationship
- • Work closely with the General Sales Manager on inventory management and pricing
- • 4 years broadcast sales experience (including television sales) and team management experience. Experience in Spanish language television sales preferred.
- • Proven success in developmental business
- • College degree preferred. Bilingual preferred.
- • Effective relationship building, customer service, communication and negotiation skills
- • An excellent understanding of English and Spanish tv and media plans, advertising marketplace, and key competition
- • The ability to adapt to all situations and personality types in the sales staff and client base
- • Compensation commensurate with experience.
The Local Sales Manager reports to the General Sales Manager.
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance we want to insure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free work place.
If you are qualified for the above vacancy send resume to Elizabeth Gaona, Director of Human Resources, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599 or email to email@example.com.