Valley schools among those recognized as blue ribbon winners
Across the state of Texas, 26 schools were named Blue Ribbon winners Tuesday – with seven local schools among those recognized.
McAllen ISD’s Achieve Early College High School was among those recognized, this is the second time it’s received that recognition.
"What it means is that we have established ourselves as a top-performing school academically with regard to academic achievement, so our students have been able to perform at a very high level over a period of time,” McAllen ISD Superintendent Dr. J.A. Gonzalez said. “That puts us in a position to be recognized as a National Blue Ribbon School."
Other local schools recognized in what’s called the “Super Bowl of education awards” included
- • Alamo – Zeferino Farias Elementary School, Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District
- • Brownsville – Gallegos Elementary School, Brownsville Independent School District
- • Brownsville – Mittie A Pullam Elementary School, Brownsville Independent School District
- • Edinburg – South Texas Preparatory Academy, South Texas Independent School District
- • Hidalgo – Hidalgo Elementary School, Hidalgo Independent School District
- • McAllen – Achieve Early College High School, McAllen Independent School District
- • San Benito – South Texas ISD Rising Scholars Academy, South Texas Independent School District.
Man arrested after girlfriend found beaten on Brownsville basketball court, police say
Hidalgo County: All 5 COVID-related deaths were unvaccinated individuals
Body of Army soldier returning to the Valley
AEP transmission project underway at South Padre Island
New technology helps detect early breast cancer