Cardinals cut OT Harrison after arrest warrant issued
TEMPE, Ariz. (AP) - The Arizona Cardinals released tackle Desmond Harrison on Wednesday after police in North Carolina issued a warrant for his arrest on assault charges.
The Greensboro Police Department says the alleged assault was reported on Tuesday. Police spokesman Ron Glenn says the investigation has just begun and no additional details are available, including when the alleged assault occurred.
The 25-year-old Harrison, who spent some time at Oak Ridge Military Academy in Oak Ridge, North Carolina, was claimed last month by the Cardinals after he was cut by the Cleveland Browns.
Undrafted in 2017 after playing at West Georgia, Harrison also attended Texas, where he was suspended from the team several times. He signed with the Browns and started eight games last season before being benched.
The Browns released him after he missed the first day of their minicamp in early June.
More AP NFL: https://apnews.com/NFL and https://twitter.com/AP_NFL
Copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.