Edinburg home catches fire during storm
Lightning may be what caused a house fire in Edinburg in a home right off Canton Road.
A family was inside the home at the time. The storm had just passed through the area when the attic caught fire.
Edinburg fire Chief Shawn Snider said the family didn't even know their home was on fire.
"People that were passing by saw the fire coming out of the attic and they stopped and started knocking on the door to let the people know that there was a fire in their house, on the attic space," Snider said.
Firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading to the rest of the house, which ended up sustaining water damage.
RELATED WEATHER COVERAGE:
- Photos show flooding as Flash Flood Warning issued in parts of Rio Grande Valley
- AEP: Thousands without power in Palmview and Mission
- Click HERE for the KRGV Weather Page.
- Click HERE to download the KRGV First Warn 5 Weather app on Apple devices.
- Click HERE to download the KRGV First Warn 5 Weather app on Android devices.
Zoo Guest - Spirit the Mexican Redknee Tarantual
Students, parents protest closures of two La Joya ISD elementary schools
Edinburg juvenile arrested in connection with police pursuit in Falfurrias ends in...
Weslaco ISD holds active shooter training for parents
Brownsville police searching for missing teen girl