Identity of Santa Maria man killed by carbon monoxide poisoning released
SANTA MARIA – The name of the man who died of carbon monoxide poisoning was released.
The Cameron County Sheriff’s Office identified the victim as 87-year-old Felix Gonzalez.
Harlingen and La Feria fire responders were called to a home on Lovelace Avenue just after 6 a.m. Thursday.
Relatives found Gonzalez unresponsive. Fire Marshall Juan Martinez told CHANNEL 5 NEWS a hazmat team found lethal doses of the odorless gas in some areas of the home.
Martinez believes the source might have been the stove.
Watch the video above for more details.
Consumer Alerts: Problems with online-only banks
Edinburg business owner hopeful city's SPARC program will help with business
Man found with multiple gunshot wounds in Mission
McAllen police investigating death of 24-year-old man
Students destroy, steal school property for viral TikTok challenge