x

Valley Family Runs into Insurance Woes amid Home Restoration from Floods

7 months 4 days 20 hours ago Monday, October 28 2019 Oct 28, 2019 October 28, 2019 4:41 PM October 28, 2019 in News - Local

HARLINGEN – A mother and son are still feeling the aftermath of the June floods. Their home was left uninhabitable and have been living in a hotel ever since. They are also both disabled.

After the floods, they say they hired a contractor to renovate their home. Now, that contractor has decided to quit.

CHANNEL 5 NEWS first reported about Mike Orbin and his mother in June. They left calling for help nearly covered in the floodwaters.

Orbin says the contractor by the name of Federal Rood Restoration called it quits last week. He added the insurance company has already paid the contractor.

We spoke with contractor who says the insurance did pay, but it wasn’t enough for what the work they did.

Watch the video above for the full story.

Related Stories

More News

Radar
7 Days