Executive Producer, DigitalPosted: Oct. 28, 2019 05:51 PM
KRGV-TV Channel 5 News, the ABC affiliate in the Rio Grande Valley of south Texas is looking for an Executive Producer for Digital Content to oversee the quality and production of editorial content across all our digital, mobile app and social media platforms with an audience-first focus across all screens.
KRGV Channel 5 News is The Valley's News Channel, the #1 rated and largest news operation in the market. We do more news than any other station in English or in Spanish on our independent Spanish language station, SOMOS NOTICIAS, a full service 24/7 TV and digital news operation.
As Executive Producer for Digital Content, you will help create content plans for daily news; develop ongoing projects; create and help execute content on all digital platforms including social media. Manage the digital content team and lead digital strategy to grow multi-platform content, audience and engagement. Lead our newsrooms to develop workflows that deliver our content 24/7 across current and future platforms. The Executive Producer for Digital Content reports to the News Director and is a member of the news management team working to grow and engage audiences across all screens English and Spanish.
In This Role, You Will:
- • Analyze and actively use data and metrics to help make editorial and strategic decisions that will increase audiences on TV and digital and to create accountability for results
- • Focus on accuracy and balance in digital articles and social content through copy editing and training of staff
- • Actively participate in the newsroom editorial meetings to help make editorial decisions based on social listening, digital data and live metrics for both digital and TV audiences.
- • Aggressively cover breaking news for digital/social platforms through breaking news push alerts, live streams, social posts and web articles and use data to establish and manage push alert to app strategy
- • Help foster environment that champions digital content, working with the digital producers, show producers, reporters, photojournalists, and anchors to create a multiple platform experience.
- • Oversee all station efforts in social media including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and other emerging platforms.
- • Teach, coach, and mentor members of the digital team and the newsroom in best practices for writing and producing content for digital and social platforms
- • Lead and assist with digital team to produce digital first, engaging storytelling through articles, videos, photo galleries, social media, push alerts, live streams and interactive elements.
Actively partner with the News Director, Marketing Director, and Sales Manager to create three-screen synergy (TV, digital, mobile) around station content and campaigns and digital sponsorship efforts
- • Experience in a leadership position
- • Skilled copy editor
- • Understanding of copyright law, music rights and basic journalism legal principals
- • Well versed in online metrics such as Google Analytics, Chartbeat, CrowdTangle, Facebook Insights, YouTube Analytics, etc.
- • Working knowledge of Content Management Systems, Basic HTML, live stream technology and social media algorithms
- • BS/BA in related field - journalism, communications, broadcast
- • Bilingual in Spanish and English is helpful, but not necessary
KRGV-TV does not discriminate in its employment and personnel practices because of a person’s race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status. The Federal Communications Commission specifically prohibits discriminatory employment practices.
Informing you and your organization of the above employment opportunity is an affirmative action on our part to actively seek qualified minorities and women for our staff vacancies. Through your assistance, we want to ensure that our employment opportunities are made known to members of minority groups and to women.
KRGV-TV is a drug-free and smoke-free workplace.
If you know of any person(s) who might be qualified for the above vacancy, please send a cover letter and resume to Tammy Meier, Personnel Manager, KRGV-TV, P.O. Box 5, Weslaco, Texas 78599; or e-mail to email@example.com.